The more people you put me in front of, the more comfortable I become.
Unlike 99% of the world’s population I love speaking in front of people. Most people did everything to avoid having speech class in school, I signed up twice.
To have the honor of standing in front of a group of human beings and share a story is one I take with great pride.
If you’re viewing this page you likely have a great responsibility to find the right speakers for your next event. I want to make that process a little bit easier for you by giving you an easy-to-navigate Table of Contents:
- What You Can Expect
- Brief Biography
- Speaking Topics
- Video Showcase
- Upcoming Engagements
- Recent Engagements
- Published Digital Work
Or you can just save yourself some time and:
What to Expect When You Book Me
As a trained actor, my whole life has been spent learning how to captivate and entertain an audience. As a designer, I’m obsessed with making things that make people’s eyeballs melt. So I can pretty much guarantee a top-notch presentation every time.
You can also count on:
- Quick, professional communication with you via email or phone calls.
- A personal consulting session with me so I can understand exactly who your audience is and how I’m going to serve their specific needs.
- A visually stunning and engaging presentation that has been tailored to your audience.
- Promotion of your event to my 90,000+ subscribers, followers, and fans.
- A custom resource page for your audience created specifically for your attendees. It will contain my presentation slides, notes, and links to resources that I believe will be helpful to them.
- My expressed gratitude and appreciation. Because that means something right?
And if that’s not enough, I promise I won’t be one of those divas who asks for a personal dressing room stocked with a jar of red M&M’s, 3 bottles of Perrier, a fresh Starbucks Latte and a room temperature of exactly 83°F. Although I wouldn’t object to that at all.
Seriously though– I’m pretty easy to work with.
A Tiny Bit About Me
I’ve spent most of my life in the performing arts world, so naturally being in front of audiences is something I’m most comfortable with. I graduated from the American Academy of Dramatic Arts where I studied all forms of performing arts including:
- Improv Comedy
- Vocal Production
- Dialects (including Standard American)
- Musical Theater
- Acting for Stage and Film
In terms of my platform:
- Social Media Examiner named my blog one of the Best Social Media Blogs of 2017
- My blog reaches over 35,000 unique readers per month
- My email list has over 12,000 subscribers
- Between all my social networks and communities I have over 300,000 followers
I have been happily married to my wife, Catarina, for nearly 5 years and we have two boys. We live outside of Los Angeles, Ca. In my free time I enjoy being active– why watch sports when you can go play them yourself?
As I started my journey being a professional designer, I’ve spoken a lot in the realm of Visual Design, Branding, and Visual Content (which is a very hot topic at the moment). Examples of written versions of my talks can be seen in:
- Social Media and Content Marketing to Drive More Business
- Social Media Branding
- How to Drive Traffic with Pinterest
- How to Create Visual Content That Doesn’t Suck
- How to Optimize Social Media Images
- Creating a Stunning Reading Experience
This will be updated soon.
A snapshot of my upcoming speaking engagements.
- TEDx Chatham-Kent 2017
- Lift Off Summit 2017
This is a recent list of places I’ve spoken, taught, or Emceed in front of a live audience.
- Social Media Marketing World 2017
- Social Media Marketing World 2016
- WooConf 2016
- Search Marketing Expo West 2016
- Social Media Success Summit 2015
- Search Marketing Expo East 2015
- Google+ Bloggers Conference 2015
- Social Media Marketing World 2015
- Social Search Superpowers (with Guy Kawasaki & Peg Fitzpatrick)
- Visual Content Mastery LIVE Webinar
- Weal Media Corporate Training Seminar
- Steady Demand Company Retreat
- Small Biz-a-palooza
- Google+ Bloggers Conference 2014
“After taking Dustin’s instruction the results were astounding, with signups dramatically increasing & engagement skyrocketing.”
-Thomas Hanna, BlogPhoto.tv
“If anyone can teach not only how to create compelling visuals but how to brand those visuals, it’s Dustin.”
-Alexandra Riecke-Gonzales, SEO Wise
“Dustin is a master at visual imagery. When he speaks, people need to listen. He always brings expertise & professionalism to the table.”
-Wade Harman, WadeHarman.com
“Dustin is very articulate and has an elegant way of explaining things in a digestible way. Not to mention he is highly entertaining!”
Ben Fisher, Steady Demand
“Dustin revolutionized my content production. I’m convinced his visual psychology strategies significantly boosted the power of that content.”
-Mark Traphagen, Stone Temple Consulting
Published (Digital) Work
I’ve had the pleasure of contributing to several online or digital publications including:
- Social Media Examiner
- Foundr Magazine
- Buffer Blog
- Duct Tape Marketing
Contact Me About Your Event
If you’d like to contact me about speaking at your next event simply fill out the form below.