Oops, looks like you’re looking for a post that has been moved to a new location!
Odds are that you’ve landed on this page because you were looking for one of my old blog posts about Christianity. Well, long story short: I don’t blog about Christianity anymore.
I’ll go into why below. But if you’re in a hurry and want to find my old posts quickly, you can skip ahead to the list of links at their new location.
Blogging About Christianity
My faith, Christianity, was actually what led me to start blogging in the first place. At the time I was a youth pastor for a local church satellite campus and wanted a way to record the lessons I was teaching on Sunday.
As I became more comfortable blogging, it quickly became a place where I could openly explore my faith and the things God was impressing upon my heart.
I also began blogging about my discoveries in Social Media. As my youth ministry proved to be a social bunch, I realized that reaching my target audience (local Middle School and High School students at the time) meant I needed to be active and strategic on social media.
As my focus shifted between writing about Christianity, Creativity, and Social Media, I realized that the audience I was attracting to my blog was much less interested in the faith-based blog posts and highly interested in the posts about online media. I began to feel the shift in my own focus and began publishing less Christianity articles.
In January 2012 my church’s budget was cut significantly and among the major cuts was my salary. On top of that, my second part-time job at a Christian clothing store was also being cut due to the store closing down.
At this point, I had already taught myself how to design WordPress sites and was already beginning to take my first consulting clients in both social media and design. As you can imagine, publishing faith-based articles became significantly less frequent as I was focused on making a living with my consulting.
On May 12, 2013, I published what would be my last blog post about Christianity. It was titled, Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
Since then I’ve blogged almost entirely about social media, blogging, content marketing, WordPress, and design with a handful of posts in the generalized Creativity category.
Jesus is Still First
The fact that I’m no longer writing about my faith does not mean it’s any less important to me. Jesus is the most important thing in my life.
However, writing about my faith was no longer what I felt God calling me to do. That season was over, and a new season had begun. And I feel 100% confident that this is God’s will.
I continue to grow daily in my walk as a Jesus follower, and encourage you to do the same.
Where Did All Those Posts Go?
I couldn’t fathom simply deleting every blog post I’d ever written about Christianity. That would have been like destroying a very significant and meaningful piece of my life.
Instead of just deleting all of the posts forever, I’ve instead imported all of them to a subdomain of my personal domain. You can now find all of my old Christianity posts at faith.dustinstout.com.
This will be like a historical archive of that season of my writing while dustn.tv will remain my primary personal blog. Here, I continue sharing insights and resources about social media, blogging, and the things that help people grow their online reach.
So if you’ve read this far, and are interested in getting my best content, use the form below to subscribe to my exclusive Insiders email list.
The New Links
If you came here strictly looking for one of my articles on Christianity, feel free to use the list below to navigate straight to one of the articles on faith.dustinstout.com:
- A Challenge Is Something God Has Trusted You With
- Stay Humble
- 4 Major Religious Leaders, 1 Major Difference
- Stop Inviting People To Church
- She said… “yes”
- Getting Away To Reflect
- Catalyst West Session 3: Jud Wilhite
- How To Follow #R12 If You Can’t Make It
- Stop Praying Like A Pagan And Talk To Your Father
- How is a Great Conference Born?
- What Is #JesusSwagger?
- 9 Things I Get To Do Now That I’m A Father
- A Word For The Discouraged
- Academic Idolatry: Why Did My Child Fall Away?
- Get Your Domain Name Now – Why And How
- Jesus: #YouMoveMe
- Perspective Is Vital
- Resurgence Conference 2012: Greg Laurie
- Resurgence Conference 2012: Lecrae
- Resurgence Conference 2012: Mark Driscoll
- Technology, Teens, And The Church
- Top 20 Church Technology Blogs of 2012 [Via ChurchMag]
- Being Sexually Impure Is Like…
- Brad Lomenick: What Makes a Movement
- From Breakdown To Breakthrough
- Catalyst West Session 7: Andy Stanley
- Catalyst West Session 1: Andy Stanley
- Catalyst West Session 9: Chip Heath
- Catalyst West Session 10: Christine Caine
- Catalyst West Session 2: Jim Collins
- Catalyst West Session 6: Louie Giglio
- Catalyst West Session 5: Matt Chandler
- Catalyst West Session 4: Tom Shadyac
- Catalyst West Session 8: John Ortberg
- Chick-fil-A Re-Ignites The Endless Cycle Of Intolerance
- Claim God, But Don’t Follow Him
- Use Popular Movies To Teach Biblical Truth [Giveaway]
- Creativity In Leading Worship
- Destiny Leader Online | Byron Davis [INTERVIEW]
- Don’t Put Him Back In The Tomb
- Eyes On The Prize
- The Faith Walk: Anticipation
- FREE Jesus Wallpapers for iOS
- 4 Things I Learned From Going Semi-Viral On Google+
- Good Friday, Earth Day
- Can We Trust The Historical Integrity Of The Bible?
- Holding On To Our Sin
- Hope Anyways
- How Will You Respond On May 21st?
- Imprisoned By Piggy Bank Faith
- Jesus Is The Way, The Truth, and The Life
- The Official #JesusSwagger T-Shirt! [Limited Edition]
- Just Because Someone Says They Are A Christian…
- Know Thyself
- Light Vs Darkness
- Live a Life That Demands an Explanation
- Living In The Aftermath
- Lose Like A Winner
- No Confidence In Self
- This Is Not What I Had In Mind
- Only 2 Days Left To Get The Official #JesusSwagger Tee!
- Peace Beyond Understanding
- R12: A Lifetime Of Lessons In Two Days Of Teaching
- Resurgence Conference 2012: Craig Groeschel
- Resurgence Conference 2012: Miles McPherson
- Resurgence Conference 2012: Nick Vujicic
- Resurgence Conference 2012: Rick Warren
- Red Bull Stratos And Felix Baumgartner Weren’t The First
- Rejoice, No Matter What
- Resurgence Conference 2012: James MacDonald
- Mother’s Day 2012
- Selfishness vs. Selflessness
- Shine Like Stars
- The Struggle of Daily Reading
- Truth Sprinkled Lies: He’s Just Asking Questions
- What Sense Does It Make?
- What Wondrous Things Could You Do?
- Why There’s No ‘I’ In DUSTN
- Will Jesus Return on May 21st?
- Fools, Fanatics, and Wiser Men
- Treat People Like They Are Important
- Ben Arment: How to Become A Leader of Your Own Free World
- You’ve Heard Of P90X – This Is C40X
- 3 Lessons From My First Year Of Marriage [Catarina]
- #R12 Notes Table of Contents: All My Notes Organized In One Place
- Things I Couldn’t Say When I Worked For A Church
- Philippians Series
- Catalyst West 2013
- Interview: Chris Wilson
If you have any more questions or just want to reach out and send me a message, you can use my contact form.