A few weeks ago I came up with an idea to do a weekly video post. It would be a free-form video with no particular format or defined subject. Think of it like free-writing only it’s more like free-talking-while-recording-in-my-car. Or something like that.
Some of the bloggers and leaders I highly respect and follow closely do similar types of posts. Their format is more of a run-down of thoughts, projects, or general observations and such. I wanted to be able to share with more of what’s going on in my life and give you a peek into the way I operate and think. I wanted it to be a way for my readers to hear my voice and become more familiar with the way I talk so that when they’re reading my work, they can more easily understand my tone of voice. Heck, maybe it’ll even help you get more of my jokes!
Just for an idea of what it might entail, here’s a list of possible subject matter you’ll hear on Monday Morning Monologues:
- New blog post ideas
- What’s going on with me in the coming week
- Movie reviews
- Rants about how stupid reality TV is (and why I watch it anyways)
- Me lip-syncing to the radio
- Why LA drivers are the worst in the world
- … and much, much more!
The possibilities are endless!
So I’m trying this out to see how it goes. I’m pretty excited about it! I’m also curious about what you think about it, so be sure to chime in below with your thoughts! Here’s some things to consider giving feedback on:
- What would you like to hear me talk about in these videos?
- Does the title ‘Monday Morning Monologue’ sound weird?
- Was the video too bumpy?
- How was the audio quality for you?
- Are you as excited as I am about the Avengers coming out this week?! (Completely random, I know.)
I’d love to hear what you have to say about my new video experiment! You can leave a comment by clicking here.