New Weekly Post: Monday Morning Monologue

15 SHARES

A few weeks ago I came up with an idea to do a weekly video post. It would be a free-form video with no particular format or defined subject. Think of it like free-writing only it’s more like free-talking-while-recording-in-my-car. Or something like that.

Some of the bloggers and leaders I highly respect and follow closely do similar types of posts. Their format is more of a run-down of thoughts, projects, or general observations and such. I wanted to be able to share with more of what’s going on in my life and give you a peek into the way I operate and think. I wanted it to be a way for my readers to hear my voice and become more familiar with the way I talk so that when they’re reading my work, they can more easily understand my tone of voice. Heck, maybe it’ll even help you get more of my jokes!

Just for an idea of what it might entail, here’s a list of possible subject matter you’ll hear on Monday Morning Monologues:

• New blog post ideas
  • What’s going on with me in the coming week
  • Movie reviews
  • Rants about how stupid reality TV is (and why I watch it anyways)
  • Me lip-syncing to the radio
  • Why LA drivers are the worst in the world
  • … and much, much more!

The possibilities are endless!

So I’m trying this out to see how it goes. I’m pretty excited about it! I’m also curious about what you think about it, so be sure to chime in below with your thoughts! Here’s some things to consider giving feedback on:

• What would you like to hear me talk about in these videos?
  • Does the title ‘Monday Morning Monologue’ sound weird?
  • Was the video too bumpy?
  • How was the audio quality for you?
  • Are you as excited as I am about the Avengers coming out this week?! (Completely random, I know.)

I’d love to hear what you have to say about my new video experiment! You can leave a comment by clicking here.

15 SHARES

Get On The Insider List

Enter your email to receive insider tips, exclusive content, downloads, and insight to help you be more awesome online.

Comments

• David Willard Jr says

My money is on him using his iPhone because that’s what he normally uses, and I am willing to bet he has some really cool tripod device to show us in an upcoming weekly Vlog :-)

• says

I actually meant to talk about that in the video, but ran out of time. I found an iPhone mount that is made to suction to your windshield (just like a GPS) on Amazon for $5. Works like a charm. I just have to bend it as far as it will go so that the back camera faces me.

• David Willard Jr says

See! :-) I bet you geeked out when you found it too…LOL. I kid but I would have too..in fact I was just thinking I bet I could adapt one to fit on my RC Car for a car’s eye view video…LOL.

1. David Willard Jr says

Great job…just don’t get yourself a ticket, cuz you know that if the cops around here see you talking away they are bound to watch to see if you have the phone somewhere…lol.

2. David Willard Jr says

Essentially…it used to be you could use a hands free device but because people are ignoring the the laws including the laws of common sense they will now site you if they even see a phone in your hand. The law made things worse. Kids now text with the phone below view so their eyes are off the road MORE and then there are those who simply should not chew gum and drive at the same time…LOL.

3. says

Love it! Such a great idea to make use of that time. I think a consistent video-appearence builds more trust with followers than any other social media effort.

4. David Willard Jr says

Here’s a question for your next Monday Monologue. I know life has you very busy so posting has been getting rough but I have been feeling a void in my Dustin Stout words of Godly wisdom. Lately you have had a lot of great blog and branding posts but I was wondering when we might see your next theological post. :-)

• says

Well actually I’ve had a bunch in mind… Most of them, however require lots of prayer before they get posted. Maybe I’ll give a little teaser on Monday morning. ;)